Introduction – CAT Preparation
What are the best books for CAT preparation? Where to find them? How to start preparation? Where to find good study materials? These are some of the doubts that every MBA aspirant has before they plan to prepare for CAT. If you are planning to prepare for CAT 2021, and have these questions in mind. Then you have landed at the right place. We will provide you with some tips before you start preparation along with all details about some best books to refer to for CAT preparations.
There are multiple publications available in the market, most of them quite similar to each other. This is why CAT aspirants must know that it is not the choice of important books, instead, it’s how they refer to these books. Some students take coaching classes and some prefer to do it by themselves, however, among all these, what is most significant is the effort and the dedication that you put in will only yield a positive result. Here are some of the good books for each section that you can refer to while preparing for CAT.
1. Best book for Quantitative ability section: –
The Quantitative ability section is very important from the CAT’s exam point of view, as this section carries the maximum weightage and is also regarded as the most difficult part out of three. Hence, this particular section needs more attention and well-versed preparation. So these are some best books for CAT preparation for Quantitative.
|SR. NO.||BOOK||AUTHOR||WHY IS IT GOOD?|
|1.||How to prepare for Quantitative Aptitude for the CAT||Arun Sharma||Publication: – McGraw hill EducationConsidered one of the best books for CAT preparationDivided into three sections of difficulty. One can understand their difficulty level and prepare accordingly.Generally, covers all topic of current year’s examination Examples help the candidates to understand the topic better.Price: – Rs. 629 in Flipkart|
|2.||Quantitative Aptitude for the CAT||Nishit K. Sinha||Publication: – Pearson EducationDivided into 5 modules, the question with solved answers makes it easy to understand.Practice paper according to the difficulty level.Loaded with the latest additions in the syllabus.Price: – Rs 629-770 in Flipkart|
|3.||Quantum CAT||Sarvesh K. Verma||Publication: – ArihantThe best part of the book is that there is more than one solution for the question and different ways to solve them.The book is also divided based on topics along with a practice paperPrice: – Rs 500-600 in Flipkart|
|4||Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examination||Abhijit Guha||Publication: – McGraw-HillCovers every topic related to CATPrice: – Rs. 556|
2. Best book for Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation section: –
Logical reasoning questions are asked mostly in every examination. A candidate can score well if practiced well. The questions in this section are in the form of puzzles. If you are planning to prepare for CAT 2021. These are some best books for CAT preparation for Logical reasoning and Data Interpretation.
|SR. NO||BOOKS||AUTHOR||WHY IS IT GOOD?|
|1.||How to Prepare for Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning for CAT||Arun Sharma||Publication: – McGraw-HillComes with latest CAT syllabusContains logical reasoning This book can help you in other competitive exams too.Sample papers in addition to mock tests. Price: -Rs 600|
|2.||Logical Reasoning & Data Interpretation for the CAT||Nishit K Sinha||Publication: – PearsonContains both basic and advanced topicsExamples for better understandingThis book can help you in other competitive exams too. Price: – Rs 565 in Flipkart|
|3.||A Modern Approach to Logical Reasoning||R.S Aggarwal||Publication: – S. CHANDBest known for mathematics,RS Aggarwal A modern approach to logical reasoning is a book with easy language.Not recommended for advanced level Price: – Rs. 200-500|
3. Best book for Verbal Ability and Reading comprehension section: –
Students often call this section VARC, and it focuses on ascertaining your understanding of English. To solve this part, you will have to have a piece of good knowledge of grammar, strong vocabulary, soundness in reading, and the ability to solve long passages. If you are a regular reader and have a good command of your English language, this section will not only fetch you a score more, but it will also help you compensate for your mistakes made in other technical sections. If you are planning to prepare for CAT 2021, So these are some best books for CAT preparation.
|SR. NO||BOOKS||AUTHOR||WHY IS IT GOOD?|
|How to Prepare for Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension for CAT||Arun Sharma & Meenakshi Upadhyay||Publication: – McGraw-HillHelps to enhance vocabularyWill help to learn correct word usageIncludes Mock testChapter wise bifurcationLatest exam paper help to understand the exam patternPrice: – Rs.600 in Flipkart|
|Word Power Made Easy||Normal Lewis||Publication: – GoyalAlthough the book isn’t written exclusively for but it has everything that you need.Help develop vocabulary skillsDivided section for each chapter with solved paper.Price: – 149|
|Mastering the Verbal Ability for CAT||Ajay Singh||Publication: – ArihantMultiple passages for more practice, more than 200.The book contains test papers of major B-schoolsChapters describe in a descriptive mannerPrice: – Rs. 400-600|
How to select the best book for CAT preparation? – A Billion Dollar question
CAT aspirants must keep these points in their mind while selecting the books: –
- The syllabus keeps changing from time to time, sometimes even in a year. Hence, it is important to look for the latest edition while buying a book. This will help the candidates to understand the current version of the examination.
- Buy those books that mainly focus on the entrance exam. Try to look out for those books that have question papers, sample papers along previous year papers.
- Books and study materials provided by the coaching institute are also helpful, as they are generally gathered from different sources and have easy language.
- Try to compare a few books and buy only those which you feel comfortable with and easy to understand.
- Author and publication are an important factor while buying books. Always try to buy books which are written by renowned authors. These books are popular not because of their author but instead because they are popular for their content.
Some More Interesting Topics for you to Read
- Highest Peak Got Higher – Mount Everest
- Best Books That Made 2020 A Ravishing Experience
- Apple Marketing Strategy
- Best Certificate Courses We Should Do To Get a Job In 2021
- BEST ONLINE HOMEWORK HELP WEBSITE
- Israeli Scientists says reverse ageing -‘Backward in time’ through a treatment
- How to Make a PPT – Beginners Guide to Make Creative Presentations